Follow Along...

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

TAYLORED EXPRESSIONS: SHARE JOY CAMPAIGN



Hey there, I'm excited to be joining Taylor and the Taylored Expressions Team by participating in the launch of the Share Joy Campaign.  The Share Joy Campaign is an invitation to celebrate the joy of card making and to share that joy with others.  The gift of a handmade card can bring a smile to anyone's face, and we want to bring as many smiles as we can to the faces of people around the world!  Please join us in creating and sending handmade cards that will make a difference in the lives of others!

This is only the beginning...the TE Team will be collecting cards from time to time to donate to various charities.  The first batch of cards will be sent to hospital chaplains throughout the United States.  TE stamps are not required unless you want to be considered for the opportunity to have your card featured on the TE Store homepage.  For more information, please visit the TE Share Joy page.


One of my favorite techniques is sponging.  It's a quick, easy way to incorporate color into a project...add in a little Copic coloring, and I'm a happy camper!  My project today uses the TE set, Discover Your Wings.  I love the versatility of the silhouette stamps!  I started by sponging Memento inks onto the background panel.  I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the image and sentiment.  The dragonfly was stamped, colored with Copic markers, fussy cut then Stickles were used to make the wings glittery.  It was adhered directly to the background and the wings were popped up with foam in the middle.

Card making brings me joy for many reasons.  The first is that I've been crafting all my life, but I finally found an outlet that allows me to be creative in a short amount of time.  It doesn't take days or even weeks to complete a project (well, maybe sometimes *ha*)...it's more of an instant gratification!  Another reason this hobby brings me joy is the amazing people that I've met!  Paper crafters are the best!  I love meeting and getting to know people around the world who I never would have met otherwise.  The last reason, and most important, is the look on someone's face when they receive a hand made card.  It's absolutely priceless!

COPIC COLORING: 
DRAGONFLY:  RV99, RV95, RV93, RV91  FOLIAGE:  100, T2

Please join us in bringing smiles to others through the Share Joy Campaign!  You've seen my project for today, now go check out what the Taylored Expressions Team has in store for you!

Tammie Edgerton - that's me!

Thanks for stopping by! 


SUPPLIES: 
STAMPS:  TE Discover Your Wings
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; Bazzill Raven Monochromatic 
INK:  Copic markers; Memento (Tuxedo Black, New Sprout, Bamboo Leaves, Sweet Plum, Elderberry)
ACCESSORIES:  Stamp-a-ma-jig; paper snips; Star Dust Stickles; sponges; SU Dimensionals; adhesive
TECHNIQUE(S):  Sponging
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:  A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")

10 comments:

Cassie said...

Gorgeous card, Tammie! Your sponging is perfection :D

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Tam. Love the soft sponging and the sparkly dragonfly.

Shannon White said...

Wowie!! This is Sooo Gorgeous Tammie!! Love your awesome shading and the rich colors you used too! And your Dragon fly with it's sparkly wings is Soo Beautiful!! just love this Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Shelly said...

Gorgeous dragonfly, Tammie! Love the stickles and I love your sponging, so pretty!

Joan Ervin said...

You have created such a beautiful garden, Tammie, and I sooo love the gorgeous sparkly dragonfly!!!!!

Tracy said...

Tammie this took my breath away. OMG girl you truly made a masterpiece here. Love every inch of this.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, Tammie! Love the added sparkle on the wings and your sponged background!

Candy's Creations Blog said...

Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

the card is so pretty. Love the coloring. I also like making cards because they don't take as much time and you still come up with a "work of art".

R. Hill said...

All are beautiful; I am VERY partial to the dragonfly. Great work by a great artist!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...