Follow Along...

Monday, July 29, 2013

DTGD13BevMom - CHILLAXIN'

Hey there, I'm thrilled to be participating this year in Splitcoaststampers 8th Annual Dare to Get Dirty challenges!  DTGD is our way of saying thanks to the most amazing Fan Club members ever!  So what's this about, you ask?  Easy...it's all about you, silly!  Our Dirty Dozen Designers, both past and present, have gotten together and planned a super fun week for you!  Besides the stamping end of it, the girls will be hanging out in the chat threads waiting to dish the dirt!  Yep...if you've ever wondered how someone does something, ask away...we'd love to share our dirty little secrets with you!  Everyone will be able to see our DTGD projects, but only the Fan Club members will be able to see what the specific challenge details are or participate in the challenges!  Come join in the fun!  Not a member but want to be?  Not a problem...join here!  Ooohhhh...and did I mention prizes?  I thought that might have gotten your attention!  *grin*  Click here for more info!

I'm back today with a card for Bev's (BevMom) challenge.  Wowsers...it's the end of July and this is the first Christmas card that I've made!  I usually make a bunch of "Christmas in July" cards, but not this year!  *gasp*  I guess since this was my first, I had to make it count, right?  I absolutely LOVE how this card turned out!  The image is Ski Bear from Whipper Snapper Designs.  Way too cute!  I know, I know...I say that about all of their stamps!  Ha!  The bear was stamped onto Neenah card stock with Tuxedo Black then colored with Copic markers.  Banners were cut to line the top of the card.  The paper is from Little Yellow Bicycle and it isn't even Christmas paper...talk about a perfect match!  Two snowflakes were die cut, colored with Copic markers, popped up between layers then a Sparklet was placed on top.  A little bit of Stickles, for the snow, completes the card.
 



COPIC COLORING: 
BEAR:  BV20, BG70, 0  HAT/SCARF:  R85, R83, R81, BV25, BV23, BV20  SKIS/POLES:  BV25, BV23, BV20  SKY:  BG75, BG72, BG70  SNOWFLAKE:  R85, R83, R81

Sakura Clear Glaze pen gives his nose a soft, subtle shine.  I don't usually color the whole background area, but the BGs are such pretty colors, I just got carried away!  I'll be back again tomorrow with another DTGD project...see ya then!  (PS...this was one of my favorite projects that I made for the DTGD challenges!)

Thanks for stopping by! 


SUPPLIES: 
STAMPS:  WSD Ski Bear
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; Bazzill Raven Monochromatic; Little Yellow Bicycle Poppy collection
INK:  Copic markers; Memento Tuxedo Black
ACCESSORIES:   Spellbinders Grand Calibur; MFT Die-namics Jumbo Fishtail Banner Stax; TE Taylored Die Make a Snowflake; Sakura Clear Glaze pen; KaiserCraft Silver Sparklet; Star Dust Stickles; SU Dimensionals; adhesive
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:  5 1/4" x 5 1/4"

1 comment:

Sue from Oregon said...

I am with you...this is just outstanding!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...