Follow Along...

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

JUN13VSND - PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN

Hey there, I have one last VSN challenge card through Splitcoaststampers to share...THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE!  Kelly wanted us to create a card with the colors red, white and blue.  She said it could be patriotic, but it didn't have to be.  I think everyone should take pride in their country and I, for one, am proud to be an American!  Remember the song, Proud to be an American, from Lee Greenwood?  It's such an amazing song...here's part of it:

There's pride in every American heart
And it's time we stand and say:
I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free,
And I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me,
And I gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today,
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land God Bless the U.S.A.


It chokes me up every time!  I thought Uncle Sam, from Whipper Snapper Designs, would be perfect to showcase a little American Pride!  I hope you have a happy and safe 4th of July!



COPIC COLORING: 
SKIN:  E11, E01, E00, R30  HAIR/BEARD/EYE BROWS:  C3, C1, C00  HAT:  R27, R24, R22, R21, C3, C1, C00, B97, B95, B93, B91  SHIRT:  R27, R24, R22, R21, C3, C1, C00  OVERALLS:  B97, B95, B93, B91, R27, R24, R22, R21, C3, C1  SHOES:  R27, R24, R22, R21, C6, C4, C2, C0, C3, C1, C00  STARS:  C3, C1, C00  FLAG:  B97, B95, B93, B91, R27, R24, R22, R21, C3, C1, C00  GROUND:  C3, C1, C00

Thanks for stopping by! 


SUPPLIES: 
STAMPS:  WSD Uncle Sam
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; Bazzill Raven Monochromatic 
INK:  Copic markers; Memento Tuxedo Black 
ACCESSORIES:  Spellbinders Grand Calibur; MFT Die-namics (Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX, Stacking Stars); Scor-Pal; Crafter's Pick The Ultimate glue; adhesive
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:  A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")

2 comments:

Shannon White said...

OMgoodness this is Absolutely DARLING Miss Tammie!! Love WS stamps!! And your coloring sure has brought this Patriotic Fellow to life!! LOVE this Lady! And Love Lee Greenwoods song too! ;-)

Hope you had a Super 4th!

Big hugs
Shannon

Sue from Oregon said...

You coloring is superb on this wonderful image! Love it!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...