Follow Along...

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

WATERCOLOR

Hey there, I'm back with another Hope You Can Cling To challenge card for the Splitcoast Stampers breast cancer card drive.  Libby's challenge, Paint Your Heart Out, is to honor her breast cancer surviving artist grandma...so she wants us to paint.  I have to say the hardest part of this challenge was trying to remember where that darned watercolor paper was stashed!  Hmmm...I guess I just don't paint that much!

I thought about several different stamp sets from Our Craft Lounge and decided on this one from The Art of Nature.  It's a really pretty set and I figured it would probably be the  best fit to hide my lack of experience with watercolor.  I definitely won't be giving up my day job any time soon...or my Copics!  I guess if you close one eye completely and squint with they other then hold it at arms length, it probably isn't that bad!  Ha!  All joking aside, I did have fun with it.  I might even have to break down and try watercoloring again soon.


So as you might have guessed, this was painted with Distress re-inkers and a tank brush.  I was lucky enough to find a 6" x 6" pad from First Edition Paper called Love Letters.  It's all pink and green.  Whoop!  I love it when I find stuff that had been long forgotten!  It's really pretty paper too so double bonus!  The flowers are from Die-namics and were cut out of watercolor paper then watercolored with the pink and blue ink I used in the image.  The flowers were shaped and a pearl added to the center.  The For You tag looked a little plain so I grabbed my Copic Multiliner and started doodling on it trying to mimic the border on the main image.  Guess that's about it.


This project includes the following challenges:

Heart Song Inspirations ~ Use Flowers and/or Felt
Just Some Lines ~ Reminds Me of a Song (John Denver's Country
Roads)
My Partner in Crafting Crime ~ Inspiration Photo
Stamps R Us Challenge Blog ~ Nature's Gifts
Sweet Stamps ~ Lots of Layers

 
Thanks for stopping by! SmileyCentral.com




SUPPLIES
STAMPS:  OCL's The Art of Nature
PAPER:  Watercolor paper; Bazzill Raven Black; First Edition Paper Love Letters
INK:  Stazon; Ranger Distress Ink (re-inkers) Barn Door, Dusty Concord, Forrest Moss, Mustard Seed, Pumice Stone, Shabby Shutters, Stormy Sky, Victorian Velvet, Vintage Photo, Wild Honey
ACCESSORIES:  Big Shot; Die-namics Flower Trio & Leaf Trio; Cuttlebug tag die; Copic .03 Multiliner; Watercolor tank brush; Recollections Pearls; SU Dimensionals;The Twinery Honeydew twine; stylus; Martha Stewart branch punch; ScrapPerfect Best Glue Ever; Stamp-a-ma-jig; Mini and Micro Glue Dots; adhesive
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:  A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")

8 comments:

amazonmother said...

Whoah- you really did paint your heart out... Awesome. Love the barn.

Tamara Morton said...

Amazing colouring and shading!! a truly scrumptious card.. thank you so much for joining us at Sweet Stamps
Hugs
Tamara

Jenn Borjeson said...

Gorgeous creation - thank you for joining our "Reminds Me of a Song" challenge at Just Some Lines! :)

Tina said...

Beautiful i love all the colors and details..john denver was cool...thanks for joining us at jsl reminds me of a song challenge

Tina
jsl

paige said...

beautiful card! What patience you have for coloring the detailed image - gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at SRU!

Shannah said...

What a gorgeous card! Your painting is beautiful and your details perfect! Thanks for joining our Heart Song Inspirations Challenge! Hugs, Shannah xox

Robin said...

Such a lovely take on the inspiration! Thanks so much for playing with My Partner in Crafting Crime's Inspiration Challenge!!
Robin

Rachel x said...

Lovely card- that's a really pretty image and I love the colours!! :)
Thanks for sharing with us at My Partner in Crafting Crime this time!! :)
Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...