Follow Along...

Saturday, October 22, 2011

MY HAPPY PLACE...

Hey there, happy Saturday!  The guys are going out fishing and that gives me a good excuse to head to the "crapping" room (hubby and his buddy's name for my craft room...D'oh!).  Today's Hope You Can Cling To challenge for the Splitcoast Stampers card drive is a good one.  Michelle is challenging us to "Find Your Happy Place"...somewhere we like to go mentally or physically to get away.

I immediately thought about sponging a sunset, but changed my mind when I thought of the place that makes me the happiest.  Our friend's property up the river.  We spent almost every weekend up there camping this summer (and every year for the last dozen years).  We love it!  When we start passing the farms, tractors and the giant marshmallows in the fields, I know we're getting close. 
So with that said, I chose an Our Craft Lounge set called Bountiful Harvest.  The tractor was stamped on white card stock and colored with Copic markers.  I don't use my Toner Gray's very often but I like to break them out for this stamp to give my tractor that sort of rustic feel.  All of the die cuts are Spellbinders dies and the DP is Cosmo Cricket.  Assorted buttons and twine complete the card.

Copic coloring:

Tractor:  R08, R05, R02,T6, T4, T3, T2, T0, BG10  Ground:  G85, G21, G20, YG91, YG67, YG17,  Sky:  BG70, 0  Inside image:  E57, E55, E53, E50, R08, R05, R02, G85, G21, G20, YG91, YG67, YG17, BG70, 0

This project includes the following challenges:

4 Crafty Chicks  ~ Marker it Up!
Cupcake Craft Challenges ~ Buttons and Bows
Lollipop Crafts ~ No Sentiments Allowed
PaperPlay Challenges ~ Use Black
Simply Create ~ Shades of Black

Thanks for stopping by! SmileyCentral.com




SUPPLIES
STAMPS:  OCL Bountiful Harvest
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; Bazzill Raven Monochromatic; SU Ruby Red; Cosmo Cricket Early Bird Sunrise, Garden Variety Bloomers and Sunday Picnic DP
INK:  Memento Tuxedo Black
ACCESSORIES:  Copic markers; Spellbinders Grand Calibur, Nestabilities Standard Circles Small and Large, Beaded Circles, Edgeabilities Classic Postage Stamp; Stamp-a-ma-jig; sticky note masks; buttons from my stash; The Twinery Charcoal twine; Mini and Micro Glue Dots; SU Dimensionals; Glossy Accents; adhesive
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:  5" x 5"

11 comments:

Joan V said...

Love this card and I really need that set from OCL. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

wow!! This is such a cool card! Love the image and your colouring! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine!/Sari

darling Ho said...

Wow! This is so cool!! My son and I love it! The pretty colouring and the great color combo.
Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Challenge this time. Hope to see you soon.
~darling Ho: SC-DT

Michele and Josee' said...

Amazing job with the coloring! I can so imagine traveling to that happy place! :) I bet it's a gorgeous place this time of year with the leaves all changing! I became a follower!
Jamcrafts4u.blogspot.com ... Come by and see us some time when you have a chance!

Anonymous said...

Stunning card, your colouring is just superb!! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!

Anonymous said...

Tammie: love your card especially the tractor stamp! My husband lets me cut our upper lots with our tractor AFTER I beg!!!!Glad you joined us for our Shades of black Challenge at Simply Create.

Diane
Simply Create Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

amazonmother said...

THIS is STINKIN CUTE!!! I love the tractor- beautifully done!

Julie M said...

Fab card, Tammie - don't those vibrant greens and reds really pop against the black cardstock. Wonderful colouring too.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Lori Turner said...

Stunning card! Your coloring is amazing! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week...

Tamie said...

Wow, Wow, Wow your coloring is amazing on this tractor. Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Tip Top said...

Love the tractor! Thanks for entering the Simply Create Challenge - hope you can join us again next time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...