Follow Along...

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

WISH

SmileyCentral.comSo we have another birthday today...my friend from work is turning 30!  Happy bday, Tina!!!  I broke out my Bloomin' Beautiful set to make her a card.  I haven't inked it up in a long time and I've always only watercolored it.  This time I used my Copic markers and I really like how it turned out!

It was actually pretty easy to create.  The hardest part was placement of the butterflies.  Once I got them where I wanted, I masked them so I could stamp the poppy from Bloomin' Beautiful.

I colored everything with Copics not forgetting the shadow under my resting butterfly.  I used the out-of-the-box technique when I cut the image down to size.  I used two pieces of Old Olive (one of my fav SU colors!), ran them through my Big Shot with a leafy embossing folder then sponged some Old Olive around the edges (it's very subtle...if I were to do it again, I think I might go with Always Artichoke so it would stand out a little).


I layered everything with black card stock and started assembling it on my Cajun Craze panel.  Before adhering the small Old Olive piece, I used my mat pack and paper piercer and made three holes for the brads.  I used two sizes of tag punches and the word "wish" from the Small Script set.

The bow is from one of the jumbo wired ribbons I bought at Costco (it's 1.5 inches wide and has 50 yards on it).  I think I'm set for life with this stuff.  Ha!  Lastly, I popped the butterfly/flower image up on Pop Dots and the tag on Dimensionals.

The inside stamps are from Happy Everything and one more CC Designs butterfly.  These butterflies are so quick to color and really stand out!
Copic coloring:

Flower:  YR18, YR04, YR00, Y19, YG95, YG91  Butterflies:  Y19, Y15, YR04  Shadow:  C3, C1

Thanks for stopping by!

Tam


DETAILS
STAMPS:  CC Designs Butterfly; SU Bloomin' Beautiful, Small Script, Happy Everything
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; SU Basic Black, Old Olive, Cajun Craze
INK:  Ranger Black Soot; SU Old Olive
ACCESSORIES:  Copic markers; Big Shot; Cuttlebug EF; sponge; SU tag punches; SU mat pack and paper piercer; Bazzill brads; Pop Dots; SU Dimensionals; Costco ribbon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute!!!DC

Gale said...

Beautiful card Tammie. Love the butterflies. Very realistic.

RebeccaMA said...

Very pretty- you need to show me what you do to mask. Tina will like this!!!

Heather Huggins said...

Beautiful card. Love the floating butterfly!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...