Follow Along...

Friday, October 15, 2010

SNOWY EXCHANGE

SmileyCentral.comHere's another entry for the Penny Black Octoberfest challenge.  I just love these little hedgehogs, don't you?  They are just so adorable!  I colored it over the weekend and it sat on my desk all week...taunting me every time I walked by.  I struggle the most with layout and I just couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with it.  I told my friends I was hoping the layout fairies would show up in the middle of the night to finish it for me...but dang...no such luck!  Talk about bummed!

I (finally) decided to use the same paper as my Very Merry Christmas card and make a gift set out of them so watch for a couple more cards like these in the next few days/weeks.

The image is from the Jolly Friends set and was stamped on Neenah Solar White and colored with Copic markers.  I used sparkly fluff on the umbrella and also the ground (I was going for a light snow cover, but I'm not so sure I pulled it off).  The red die-cut used as a background for the hedgies is Labels Four from Spellbinders.  Before it was removed from the die, I sponged Blush Blossom then Cherry Cobbler.  The snowflake is also Spellbinder's and sponged with Baja Breeze.  After it was sponged, it was VersaMarked and sprinkled with a mixture of Heat & Stick Powder and Iridescent Ice embossing powder.

**Confession time...I keep most of my powders in sandwich-size containers because I find it easier/faster to apply/clean up than paper or the little trays.  Anyway, I was adding to my stash of Heat & Stick Powder when I realized I goofed and dumped Iridescent Ice into it instead.  *sigh*  I didn't want to throw it all out and start over, so I figured I would give it a try to see what would happen.  I kinda like the effect I got with it.  This is one mistake that turned out ok...whew!**

There isn't much more to talk about on this card.  I glued a red rhinestone in the center of the snowflake and tied a little bow on the panel.  I popped the colored image up on Dimensionals to finish it off.

Copic coloring:

Hedgehogs:  R02, E02, E00, E37, E34, E33, 0  Umbrella:  R37, R35, R32  Gifts:  G82, G40, YG91, R35, R32  Ground:  YG97, YG95, YG91, 0  Sky:  BG10, 0

Thanks for stopping by!

Tam

DETAILS
STAMPS:  Penny Black Jolly Friends
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; SU Cherry Cobbler; SEI Kris Kringle DP
INK:  Ranger Black Soot; SU Blush Blossom, Cherry Cobbler, Baja Breeze
ACCESSORIES:  Copic markers; Big Shot; Spellbinders; sponge; OCL Sugar Sparkly Fluff; Quickie Glue Pen; SU Heat & Stick powder/Iridescent Ice EP; ribbon from Ben Franklin's; rhinestone from JoAnn's; SU Dimensionals

2 comments:

Heather Huggins said...

Adorable card.. Love the big snowflake.. Glad you'll be able to make it to the Christmas card workshop.. I picked p all the paper today!!

Anonymous said...

I like this one. Are you using this as your christmas card? GC

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...