Follow Along...

Sunday, April 14, 2013

WITH SYMPATHY

Hey there, I'm back with a quick sympathy card.  I don't do one-layer cards very often...ok, next to never...so I thought I would give it a try.  The stamp set is Wildflower Silhouette by Whipper Snapper Designs.  I stamped the flowers and sentiment on the card base (GKD Pure Luxury) with Memento Tuxedo Black.  I used four large sticky notes (two layers each) and sectioned off where I wanted to airbrush.  I selected five Copic markers then sprayed each creating a gradient background.  I peeled off the top layers of sticky notes then misted Copic Colorless Blender (0) over the image.  The sticky notes were removed and my one-layer card was complete.  Seriously easy!  The blender solution makes it look a little like tear stains, don't you think?


COPIC COLORING: 
BACKGROUND:  B99, B97, B95, B93, B91, 0

THIS PROJECT INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES: 
DESIGNED TO COLOR ~ Sunday Showcase on Facebook (combined one layer with monochromatic)
JUST US GIRLS ~ #184 Technique (Ombre)

Thanks for stopping by! 


SUPPLIES: 
STAMPS:  WSD Wildflower Silhouette
PAPER:  GKD Pure Luxury 
INK:  Copic markers; Memento Tuxedo Black 
ACCESSORIES:  Stamp-a-ma-jig; sticky notes; Copic Airbrush System; Mini Mister (Copic Colorless Blender)
TECHNIQUE(S):  Masking; airbrushing
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:  A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")

3 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Outstanding use of the technique! Beautiful card - Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous use of the techinque!! Love the shades of blue and the wonderful flower silhouette. Thanks for joining us at JUGS this week :)

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card and fabulous job with our technique this week! I agree the droplets look like tear drops!
You do a great job with one layer cards too!
Thanks for playing along at JUGS~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...