Follow Along...

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

TAYLORED EXPRESSIONS APRIL SNEAK PEEK: MADE IN THE SHADE AND PICTURE WINDOW

Hey there, it's time for sneak peeks of the Taylored Expressions April Release!  Whoop!  This is such an amazing release and there is so much cool stuff to show you, so let's get to it!  I've got two projects to share with you today!  The first one is the stamp set Made in the Shade. My favorite season is fall, and those pumpkins were just calling out to me to be colored!  The Windy Tree die was also used to create this crisp, Autumn scene.



COPIC COLORING: 
PUMPKINS:  YR18, YR15, YR12, YR00, E27, E25, E23, E21  GRASS:  YG67, YG25, YG21, YG00  TREE:  E27, E25, E23, E21, YR18, YR15, YR00, YG67, YG25, YG00  SKY:  BG11

SUPPLIES: 
STAMPS:  TE Made in the Shade
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; Bazzill Raven Monochromatic 
INK:  Copic markers; Memento Tuxedo Black 
ACCESSORIES:  Spellbinders Grand Calibur; TE Taylored Dies (Windy Tree, Cloud Border); X-acto knife; paper snips; Zig 2-way glue pen; Bazzill Blackbird rhinestones; adhesive
TECHNIQUE(S):  Airbrushing; fussy cutting
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:  A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")

My second project features a bunch of the new dies.  Guess what...there's a new window die!  *swoon*  This one is called Picture Window and there are coordinating dies to go with it (Window Cat, Window Accessories and Flowerbox Sprigs & Flowers).  I used all of them except for Window Cat.  If there was any way I could squeeze the little kitty in, I would have!  Ha!  Kraft card stock was cut into 5/8" strips then layered onto the card front.  Copics were used to shade the "siding", windowbox, shutters and window.  You really can't see it in the picture, but I cut a little 1/2 circle that I attached to the back of the windowbox.  It was colored with the same greens that the foliage was colored with and used to mound the foliage.  Oh!  Great news...I started cleaning out my craft room and found the acetate that I lost.  I was able to create glass without having to dig through the trash!  *grin*  I love the little welcome sign in the flowerbox!  It's from the Many Minis - Occasions set, and it was the perfect way to finish this card!


COPIC COLORING: 
LIGHT (from inside the window):  Y02, Y000, Y0000  SHUTTERS/WINDOW/SIGN:  C2, C000, 0  FLOWERBOX:  R39, R37, 0  FOLIAGE:  YG67, YG25, YG23, YG21, YG00, R39, R37, R35, R32  SIDING (on house):  E43, E41  CURTAINS:  E41

SUPPLIES: 
STAMPS:  TE Many Minis - Occasions
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; Bazzill (Maraschino Monochromatic, Kraft, Basics Garden Vines colored with E41); Acetate
INK:  Copic markers; Memento Tuxedo Black 
ACCESSORIES:  Spellbinders Grand Calibur; TE Taylored Dies (Picture Window, Window Accessories, Flowerbox Sprigs & Flowers); Tonic cutter; silver rhinestones; Zig 2-Way Glue pen; SU Dimensionals; adhesive
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:  5 1/4" x 5 1/4"

That's it for me today, but I'll be back tomorrow with two new projects!  Stop by and say hi to the rest of the Baker's Dozen!

Broni Holcombe - guest designer
Carole Burrage
Charmaine Ikach
Jami Sibley
Jen Shults
Kerri Michaud
Lynnette Kauffman
Nancy McKinney
Sankari Wegman
Shannon White
Shelly Mercado
Stephanie Kraft
Tammie Edgerton - that's me!
Taylor VanBruggen
Wanda Guess


Thanks for stopping by! 


8 comments:

Jami said...

Love that fall scene - your coloring is wonderful as always! And your window is awesome! Can't wait to play with those dies too!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Hi Tammie! Totally inspiring and so creative! I love what you've done with your scenes!! Really beautiful work. I love seeing your eye and your ideas. :-)

Kerri said...

Seriously, Tammie, your coloring could not be more amazing! Love that beautiful fall scene, and you have brought that window box to life with that gorgeous shading and all of the dimension with the flowers, etc. ADORE the little welcome sign!

stampingbowd said...

Beautiful cards! Love the shading/coloring on the first one. Love the fun window box on the 2nd! so pretty!

Billie A said...

Great scenes love both cards. I see I need to have this on my list of must haves.

Shannon White said...

Wowzers Tammie!! I just Adore your Awesome coloring!! And Love the Sweet window scene too! your flower box looks Fabulous Lady!! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Marsha Reed said...

Great cards! Fall is my favorite and I'm always looking for trees and pumpkins to incorporate in my projects.

Shelly said...

Gorgeous coloring, the pumpkin scene is so rich in color! Love the sign in your flower box too, so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...