Follow Along...

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

TAYLORED EXPRESSIONS FEBRUARY SNEAK PEEK: EASTER DOODLES & BASKET-FULL

Hey there, it's time for sneak peeks of February's Taylored Expressions release...are you ready to be amazed!?!  The Baker's Dozen has some jaw-dropping projects to share with you this week!  To kick things off, I have two projects this morning...

The first one uses an adorable Whimsical Wishes set called Easter Doodles.  It's so stinkin' cute!  I wanted to make my Father-in-law an "eggstra" special Easter treat this year, and this is what I came up with.  



Greetings from the Easter Bunny...PRICELESS!  *grin*  The bunny in the middle was fussy cut and popped up on foam for dimension.  A Bugabee Flower completes the card.



My local card/scrapbook store has these awesome AccuCut dies available for us to use, and I've had my eye on the carrot for quite a while.  I can't believe how perfect the Whimsy Alpa dies are on the name card...the cursive script is awesome!  I'm tickled to be able to give him a personalized treat box!




COPIC COLORING: 
BUNNIES:  C3, C1, C00  EARS/NOSES:  R30, R00  EGG:  YR12, YR00, YR0000, YG25, YG21, YG00

SUPPLIES: 
STAMPS:  TE Easter Doodles
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; Bazzill (Raven Monochromatic, Parakeet Monochromatic); Doodlebug Design Inc Hello Spring collection (Easter Bunnies)
INK:  Memento Tuxedo Black
ACCESSORIES:  Spellbinders Grand Calibur; Taylored Dies (Whimsy Alpha; Bugabee Flowers); paper snips; Stamp-a-ma-jig; ScorPal; Crafter's Pick The Ultimate glue; Zig 2-Way Glue pen; PC mouse pad/stylus/tweasers (to shape the flowers); Bazzill Blackbird rhinestones; SU Dimensionals; adhesive
TECHNIQUE(S):  Fussy cutting
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:  A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")

The second project uses an Apple Doodle Ink set called Basket-Full.  It's a super fun set that takes you from Valentine's Day, to Spring and right into Easter...love it!  I decided to go with the spring flowers and I love the sentiment.  It reminds me of a poem my dad used to say to me:  Spring is Sprung, the grass is rize, I wonder where the birdies is.  Kind of corny, huh?  Ha!

Anyway, the basket was stamped on Neenah, masked with a sticky note, stamped with the flowers then colored with Copic markers.  Love the Taylored Dies Cloud Duo and Grass Border dies...they really bring this little scene to life!  I've been into white space on cards lately, so I stuck with it and left mostly white for an easy-peasy layout.



Here's the inside... 



COPIC COLORING: 
BASKET:  RV66, RV63, RV55  BOW:  Y38, Y15, Y11  FLOWERS:  YR15, YR12, BG15, BG10, BV04, BV02, Y38, Y15, Y11  LEAVES:  YG25, YG21

SUPPLIES: 
STAMPS:  TE Basket-Full
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; Bazzill Parakeet Monochromatic; Doodlebug Design Inc Hello Spring collection (May Flowers)
INK:  Memento Tuxedo Black
ACCESSORIES:  Spellbinders (Grand Calibur; Nestabilities Standard Circles Small, Standard Circles Large); Taylored Dies (Cloud Duo Die, Grass Border Die); Stamp-a-ma-jig; Zig 2-Way Glue pen; sticky note mask; SU Dimensionals; adhesive
TECHNIQUE(S):  Masking
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:  A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")


Don't forget to hop on by to the Baker's Dozen blogs to see what they have been up to and I'll see you back here tomorrow for more fun!
Carole Burrage 
Charmaine Ikach 
Jen Shults 
Kerri Michaud 
Lynnette Kauffman 
Sankari Wegman 
Shannon White 
Shelly Mercado 
Stephanie Kraft 
Tammie Edgerton (that's me)
Taylor VanBruggen 
Wanda Guess 
Anna Wight (Guest Designer)
Nancy McKinney (Illustrator)

Thanks for stopping by! 


6 comments:

stampingbowd said...

cute projects!!!! Fabulous colors. Love the little bunny squares on the card! So cute!

Unknown said...

Wonderful projects, Tam! Your FIL will love the sweet gift set and your basket of flowers is simply stunning!

Cindi said...

Adorable projects! I love the little bunny and your coloring is so pretty!

Elizabeth said...

Love how that little bunny is peeking in. So cute.

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness such Adorable projects Tammy!! Love your Adorable Easter bunny card! Soo Cute! And such a fun gift box too! Your FIL will Love it!! And your Basket full car is so Cheery and Sweet inside and out too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

*~Dot~* said...

Would you be willing to share your paper measurements on the bunny card? I like the layout, and it gives me ideas for my Christmas card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...