Follow Along...

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

MRS. FROSTY

Hey there stampers, I hope everyone had a nice (long) holiday weekend!  When I got back from camping, I received the MFT newsletter saying they were looking for a guest designer for their October release.  The challenge was to "Rip & Roll".  I know I missed the challenge deadline, but since I also received the Die-namics Mini Rolled Roses die while I was gone, I decided to play along anyway.  I couldn't wait to try them out!

This card uses one of the new Our Craft Lounge singles called Mrs. Frosty.  The new line of singles are awesome!  There are two other singles that coordinate with Mrs. Frosty, but I'm only using her today.  My snow lady was stamped on white card stock with black ink then colored with Copic markers.  It was cut out with a Nestability and while it was still in the die, it was sponged with a pinkish peach ink.  For the "rip" portion of the challenge, I cut an extra Nestie the same size as the other, then ripped two pieces that I've used as layered snowbanks.  The layers were popped up with foam.  Stickles were applied to the edge of the paper where it was ripped and also on the shadowed area of the snow lady.

Three sizes of snowflakes from the Die-namics Let it Snowflake set were cut from white card stock and also Stickled and set aside to dry.  For the "rolled" portion of the challenge, three flowers (two big and one little) were cut from white card stock with the Die-namics Mini Rolled Roses die.  The edges were sponged with the same ink as the sky then spritzed with Glimmer Mist.  They were rolled up, shaped and adhered to the centers of the snowflakes.  Small dots of Glossy Accents were dabbed on the roses to look like dew.  The wired ribbon is from my stash and was colored with the R11 Copic marker to match my snow lady.  Love it!  The background panel was made with an embossing folder.  I guess that's about it.

Copic coloring:

Snow lady:  B63, R0000, BG10, 0, R30, Y11, Y00, E25, E23, E21, YR15, YR00  Apron, bonnet, muffler:  R12, R11, R000

Thanks for stopping by!
 



SUPPLIES
STAMPS:  OCL's Mrs. Frosty
PAPER: Neenah Solar White
INK:  Memento Tuxedo Black; SU Blush Blossom
ACCESSORIES:  Copic markers; Spellbinders Grand Calibur, Nestabilities Classic Ovals Large, Big Scalloped Ovals Large; Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Pearl; Diamond Stickles; Glossy Accents; sponge; Zots; Crafter's Pick glue; Big Shot; Die-namics Mini Rolled Roses, Let it Snowflake dies; Sizzix snowflake embossing folder; ribbon from my stash; Stamp-a-ma-jig
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:   A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")

2 comments:

Gale said...

Beautiful, as always!

amazonmother said...

Soooooo Cute!!! I think I need the rose die now.... LOVE the soft colors...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...