Follow Along...

Sunday, September 19, 2010

OCLDT31 - THE ART OF NATURE

Here is my last post for the weekend.  I made this card for the weekly OCL sketch challenge.  Once a month they draw a name from one of the entries and the winner gets an OCL stamp set of their choice.  My fingers are crossed...
smiley emoticons

 I picked this set up at MOT after my Friday evening class and boy am I glad I got it.  What a beauty!  Kudos to the OCL illustrators!  This set is called The Art of Nature and it truly is a work of art!  The best thing about OCL stamps is the color illustration you get with every set.  I love having a sample to refer to when I'm coloring.  Especially with this one because of all the detail!

I stamped the image on Neenah Solar White CS with Ranger Black Soot and colored it with Copic markers (see below).  The rectangles are Spellbinders dies.  The DP and CS are from SU.  I used an EK Success punch for the border and since I didn't have any black pearls, I colored some white ones with my black Copic marker.  The ribbon is from Ben Franklin.

I'll stamp a sentiment on the inside when I decide to use it.  I did use another gorgeous stamp in the set though!  Love it!

PS...how in the heck am I supposed to stuff that bow into an envelope?  Seriously, I've wondered about that for a long time.  I like the look of bows on cards but have avoided it for this reason.  I'm open to suggestions...help!

Thanks for looking!

Tam


ADDITIONAL INFO
STAMPS:  OCL The Art of Nature
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; SU Old Olive; SU Fall Flowers DP
INK:  Ranger Black Soot
ACCESSORIES:  Copic markers; Big Shot; Spellbinders; 2-way Glue Pen; pearls; ribbon


2 comments:

Amber (bambi64) said...

Beautiful!! I love this set and you did a great job showing it off. Good luck!

Heather Huggins said...

Fabulous coloring!!! Love that border punch..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...