Follow Along...

Friday, January 24, 2014

I'D PICK YOU

Hey there, I'm sooo glad it's Friday...it's been a drama-filled week, and I'm glad to say that I made it through in one piece!  Another reason I'm glad it's Friday...it's time for the Stamping Bella challenge!  Whoop!  This week's theme is "For My Friends".  Were you able to play along with us? 

I had a couple images in mind for this challenge, but decided to go with Uptown Girl Pippa Loves to Plant.  Isn't she adorable!?!  I've used this layout with the die cut clouds before and thought it would be perfect with this image.  I kept it simple from the layout to the coloring.  I debated on if I wanted to color a sky behind Pippa and the more I looked at it, I decided she didn't need it.  Sometimes I just like the white, and this was one of those times!



The image was stamped with Tuxedo Black onto Neenah Solar white then colored with Copic markers.  The striped paper was cut to cover the card base, so when the clouds were die cut from the image panel, the stripes would show through.  Pretty clever, huh?  Gotta love Pinterest!  That's originally where I saw the idea.

COPIC COLORING: 
SKIN:  E11, E01, E00, E000, E0000, R30, BV20  HAIR:  E59, E57, E55, E53  APRON, GLOVE:  R85, R83, R81  SHIRT:  NONE  SHORTS, BANDANNA:  BG75, BG72, BG70  WATERING CAN:  C3, C1, C00  SHOVEL:  R85, R83, R81, C3, C1, C00  BUTTERFLY:  R85, R81  FLOWER POTS:  YR12, YR02, YR00  PLANTS/FLOWERS:  YR30, Y02, Y00, Y000, R85, R81, BG72, BG70, YG67, YG23, YG03, YG0000  GROUND:  YG67, YG23, YG03, YG0000

Next week's Bellariffic Fridays challenge is a sketch.  Email your card to Em by Thursday, January 30, to be included on Bloggabella...you could win some Bella Bucks, but you have to use a current stamp!  I think I might break out a certain Senior-ita and make a Valentine's card.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!


Thanks for stopping by! 


SUPPLIES: 
STAMPS:  SB Uptown Girl Pippa Loves to Plant
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; Bazzill Raven Monochromatic; American Crafts City Park collection 
INK:  Copic markers; Memento Tuxedo Black 
ACCESSORIES:  Sizzix Big Shot; TE Taylored Dies (Cloud Duo); Stamp-a-ma-jig; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Thin Foam Squares; adhesive
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:  5 1/4" x 5 1/4"

10 comments:

Marilyn said...

Fabulous! And so very clever how you did the clouds!

Christine Dol said...

Tammie...I just love the way you did the clouds! Great colouring too! Hope you have a great weekend!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Great card Tammie, and like the others before me I think leaving the background behind the clouds is a fab idea.
Lorraine

Joey said...

Tammie I love this, stunning design and colours. Joey x

Sara said...

Gorgeous card, I love these Stamping Bella images and this is another one going on my wish list! Amazing colouring and I love the stripes peeping through the clouds too, hugs Sara xxx

Sue from Oregon said...

Wowser...I am always blown away by your awesome coloring! This card is so fun with all the colors AND the white space too!

Kristie said...

This is such a happy card! Love the clouds!

Kerri said...

Awesome love this card!!!

Dana White said...

Tammy this is amazing. Gorgeous card and the clouds are perfect.

Maroeska said...

Lovely card. I really like the colors and the coloring. And I love garden images ;) Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...