Follow Along...

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

TAYLORED EXPRESSIONS MARCH SNEAK PEEK - FROM MY WINDOW

Hey there, today is the kick off for the TE March release!  Are you excited?  All of the products you see over the next few days will be available in the Fresh Out of the Oven section of the Taylored Expressions store.  To get things started, I'm going to give you a sneak peek of the From My Window stamp set and the Arched Window die.  Love, love, love this window die and all the different scenes you can create with it!

It was a lot of fun creating this cozy little home!  I found the perfect "wallpaper" and decided to do a little wainscoting on the lower half of the wall.  It was embarrassingly easy but looks awesome on the finished card!  I used a Scor-Pal to create the lines every 1/4 inch then used a horizontal strip to complete it.  The one thing I did to kind of set it off, was to use a couple Copic markers to add in some light shading.  That little bit of shading just makes the whole thing pop!  Ok...confession time!  My stamping room is a huge (and I mean huge) disaster!  I know I had some acrylic sheets that would have been perfect for the glass in the window, but I couldn't find any of it.  *sigh*  I just HAD to have glass in my window...so I looked around and guess what I used...um, er, well...I dove in my trash and recovered the packaging from the stamp sets.  Yikes!  I keep my stamps in Binder Boxes so I don't have a use for the packaging and they end up getting tossed.  They sure came in handy for this project though!  *grin*


Here's the inside...clean and simple yet it ties into the front.


COPIC COLORING: 
SKY:  B01  LEAVES:  YG25  GRASS:  YG25, YG23, YG21, YG01, YG00  SWING:  R37, R35  SHADOWS:  C1, C00

That's it for me today...I hope you're able to stop back in tomorrow for another sneak peek.  Don't forget to check out the rest of the Baker's Dozen to see what awesome projects they've created!

Broni Holcombe - Guest Designer
Tammie Edgerton - that's me!

Thanks for stopping by! 


SUPPLIES: 
STAMPS:  TE From My Window
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; Bazzill Raven Monochromatic; Doodlebug Flower Box collection (Flower Garden)
INK:  Copic markers; Memento Tuxedo Black
ACCESSORIES:  Spellbinders Grand Calibur; TE Taylored Dies (Arched Window); Scor-Pal; plastic bag (for window); scissors; Zig 2-way Glue pen; Stamp-a-ma-jig; Hemptique black hemp cord; Bazzill black brad; SU Dimensionals; adhesive
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:  5 1/4" x 5 1/4"

11 comments:

Jami said...

What a gorgeous creation Tam! Love the shading on the wainscoting and the little bit of black makes everything pop!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

See? You take it up to the next level, Tammie, with your shading of the window frame and wainscoting. How come that never occurs to me?! You rock, gf!

Sankari W. said...

Holy Moly perfection!!! What a stunning creation!! Tammie - you always blow me away with your coloring and this card is the perfect example of subtle awesome shading!!! Such a gorgeous card girl!!
Big hugs!
Sankari :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, Tammie! Love this beautiful scene you've created! I had to LOL about diving into the trash for something to use - I may have done this a time or two... ;)

Melody said...

So cute! Love our scene!

Shelly said...

Tam, your window scene is gorgeous! Love the colors and the CAS style...the "wallpaper" is so pretty! LOVE it!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Such a perfect, pretty scene you created! Gorgeous coloring too. Beautiful work!! :-)

Debbie Carriere said...

Wow, this is beautiful!! Great coloring!

Shannon White said...

Wowie Tammy!! This is AWESOME!! Love the touch of shading on the wainscoting and window frame! You just Rocked this set Girly!! LOVE it!! 8-) Super dp's for your wall paper too! And you already know I Love your Amazing coloring! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Broni said...

I LOVE your wainscoting and how you shaded the window. Perfection, Tammie!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Gorgeous, Tammie!! LOVE your picture on the wall!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...