Follow Along...

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

TAYLORED EXPRESSIONS JANUARY RELEASE DAY: BLESS YOUR NEST DIES

Hey there, so what do you think of the January release so far?  Fun, right?  Today is release day, so you know what that means...all of the stamps and dies are available for purchase at the Taylored Expressions store!  Do you have a favorite yet?  Picking favorites are usually hard for me, but I've narrowed it down to two stamps sets...and the dies...well, I LOVE THEM ALL!!!  *grin*

Today I'm showing a project with the Bless Your Nest Dies, which coordinates with the Bless Your Nest stamp set (one of my favs from this release). I already know these stamps/dies are going to be "go to" sets for me.  With five sentiments to choose from, it makes it super versatile!  For this project, I went with the All the Best in Your New Nest sentiment and made a card / gift bag for someone moving into a new home.



I didn't make any New Year's Resolutions...but if I did, it would be to get inky more often!  I love to sponge but don't do it nearly enough.  Sooo...I couldn't wait to get inky and make this branch into a silhouette.  I started with a layer of Dandelion ink on Neenah card stock.  A circle punch was used to create a sticky note mask for the sun and once in place, a second sticky note was used to create the sun's rays using Cantaloupe ink.  It's a really cool effect and super easy!  


To create the silhouette, the branch was stamped with Tuxedo Black over the sponged background.  A black Copic marker was used to color in the branch, leaves, nest and eggs (leaving some of the yellow to create  highlights).  It was a little tedious, but so worth it in the end!


The tag was cut with Frame It Up 1 and Label Stacklets 3 dies.  The background was sponged, stamped then colored with a black Copic marker.  A solid circle was stamped for the base, and three nests were die cut out of Kraft CS then layered over the circle.  The bird was stamped in Dandelion ink then die cut, and the eggs were stamped, die cut then colored with Copic markers.  The Swirls Cutting Plate was used as a background.  Love it!

The Kraft card stock and Swirls Cutting Plate really looks awesome on the inside!
COPIC COLORING: 
EGGS:  E35, E33, E30, Y38, Y35, Y32  LEAVES:  100

SUPPLIES: 
STAMPS:  TE Bless Your Nest
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; Bazzill (Raven Monochromatic, Kraft)
INK:  Copic markers; Memento (Tuxedo Black, Dandelion, Cantaloupe)
ACCESSORIES:  Spellbinders Grand Calibur; Taylored Dies (Bless Your NestSwirls Cutting Plate, Frame It Up 1, Label Stacklets 3); sponges; sticky note masks; Stamp-a-ma-jig; hole punch; paper reinforcement (colored with Copic 100); May Arts ribbon; Creative Impressions Black Twine; SU Dimensionals; Crafter's Pick The Ultimate glue; Zig 2-way Glue pen; Bazzill Blackbird rhinestones; adhesive
TECHNIQUE(S):  Sponging
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:  BAG: 10 1/2" wide x 8" high x 4" deep (not including handles)   CARD:  A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")

I've been pretty chatty this morning...sorry about that (teehee)!  Don't forget, all of the stamps and dies from this release are available in the TE store starting today.  I'm outta here...I have to go check out what the rest of the Baker's Dozen have been up too.  We still have two more days to spotlight the new release.  Hope to see you back here again tomorrow!

Carole Burrage 
Charmaine Ikach 
Jen Shults 
Kerri Michaud 
Lynnette Kauffman 
Regina Mangum 
Sankari Wegman 
Shannon White 
Shelly Mercado 
Stephanie Kraft 
Tammie Edgerton (that's me!)
Taylor VanBruggen 
Wanda Guess  
Jami Sibley (DT Coordinator)
Anna Wight (Guest Designer)

Thanks for stopping by! 



12 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh, wow, Tammie! I totally want that set now. . .this is absolutely amazing :D

Jami said...

Wow - this set is really really beautiful! I love the way you created that sun!

Unknown said...

This is stunning, Tammie! LOVE your sun rays and the silhouetted images are gorgeous!

Taylor said...

This is gorgeous, Tammie! Sometime you gotta show me how to do that sun rays sponging thing! That's amazing and adds so much depth behind the image! Love it!

Darla said...

Wow! Absolutely stunning! If I received that gift bag and card, I would be so enthralled with the gorgeous packaging I would forget to open the gift! FAB!!

Jen Shults said...

These are STUNNING! Seriously amazing. I just don't have words.

Joanne said...

TOTALLY AMAZING.....you really ROCKED this set! Awesome work!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

ABSOLUTELY gorgeous! Love the way you 'think out of the box' Tammie - didn't even occur to me to ever make a silhouette with this set. You are one clever gal!!!

Shannon White said...

Wow Wow Wow!! This is GOR-JUSS Tammie!! Ever since the sneak peaks Miss Regina put together, I 've been dying to see your whole project!! 8-) LOVE the Sun and Fab silhouettes!!! And your coordinating card is Awww-mazing Lady!! Just LOVE every Super detail!! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Woweee!! So fun to see something other than pink and red! Love the details!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just beautiful, Tammie! So, so pretty!

Nancy Jensen said...

Wowza! I LOVE this gift set! My favorite part is the way you made the sun but the whole set is phenomenal! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...