Follow Along...

Friday, June 22, 2012

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

Hey there, it seems like it's been forever since my last post.  In February I shared  my MIL was diagnosed with brain cancer.  She's still hanging in there...she has good days and bad.  I haven't had a lot of time to craft over the last few months because I've been helping my 90-year old FIL with his bills and running errands, etc.  To be honest, I haven't felt very crafty either.  I'm glad to say that I made time for me and started coloring again.  I can't tell you how great it feels!


Our Craft Lounge just came out with a new set called Star Spangled and I love it!  This flag is so cool and it looks amazing all colored up!  I sure wish you could see this one in person; it's a single layer but the coloring makes it look 3D and it pops off the page!  I had fun getting inky with some Memento inks too.  *grin*  The sentiment on the front is from another OCL set called Patriotic Parade.




Here's the inside...I stamped one of the sentiments from Star Spangled, colored it with Copic markers and embossed a star Nestie for the frame.  Love it!




Copic coloring: 


Flag:  R27, R24, R22, B28, B26, B24, T5, T3, 0  Flag pole:  C2, C0






Thanks for stopping by! SmileyCentral.com 





SUPPLIES 
STAMPS:  OCL Star Spangled, Patriotic Parade (enter the code "checkusout" to receive a discount off your entire purchase at Memories of Time)
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; Bazzill Raven Monochromatic, Blush Red Dark Prismatics; Best Creation White Glitter Cardstock
INK:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Summer Sky, Danube Blue, Paris Dusk
ACCESSORIES:  Copic markers; Spellbinders Grand Calibur, Nestabilities Stars Five, Standard Circles Small; MFT Die-namics Stacking Stars; paper snips; Punch Bunch tool kit (cutting blade); sponges; Star Dust Stickles; SU Dimensionals; Zig 2-way Glue pen; adhesive
TECHNIQUE(S):  Sponging; embossing; fussy cutting
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:  5" x 5"

2 comments:

Susie said...

Whoa! This is the AWESOME! My Gosh, you did a fantastic job coloring the Flag. The entire card is so, so, nicely designed. This card is definitely going into my favorites for the week.

Denise@DigiHaven said...

Seriously? You colored this yourself? It's amazing! Seriously amazing! ♥ Denise @ Digi Haven

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...