Follow Along...

Sunday, November 13, 2011

JOY TO THE WORLD

Hey there, Just Us Girls (JUGs) is having a technique challenge that I've never done before, so I thought I would give it a try.  It's called Ghosting

I couldn't find any Glossy Paper in my stash, so I used Neenah.  I also used white pigment ink instead of VersaMark (like Lisa from JUGs suggested).  After the first layer of ink was sponged, I wasn't convinced it was going to work...but I kept going.  As the darker inks were applied, the images started popping.  It's really pretty cool and I'll definitely try this technique again!

The caroler is from an Our Craft Lounge single called Sing with Joy.   This stamp has a bunch of music notes and swirls all around it.  Since I only wanted the caroler as my image, masks were cut out of blue painter's tape.  With the tape in place, the stamp was inked.  Before it was stamped, the tape was removed.  Viola...only the section I wanted to use was stamped on the card stock!  I love using painter's tape...it holds well, doesn't leave any residue when removed and it's way cheaper than removable tape!
With the card stock still in the die, the image was stamped with white pigment ink then heat set. Three shades of blue were sponged (lightest to darkest).  Another caroler was stamped on white card stock, colored with Copic markers, cut out then popped up on foam.  Seam binding was dyed with the medium blue, fastened with a brad then attached to the card with a Zots.  Not an ideal location for the bow, but alas...fingerprints...need I say more?  The music notes are from a border punch.  I guess that's about it for this one.

Copic coloring:

Skin:  R30, E000, E01, E00  Mouth:  R30, R32  Hat/scarf:  B91, B95, B93, E42, E44, E43  Mittens:  B91, B97, B95, B93  Shirt:  E42, E49, E47, E44, E43  Pants:  B91, B99, B97, B95, B93  Boots:  E42, E49, E47, E44, E43  Book:  B63, BG000, BG70, 0

This project includes the following challenges:

Cards for Men #23 ~ It's Nearly Christmas
Crafty Creations Challenges #143 ~ PB and Jelly Sandwich Theme (kraft/brown, white/cream and one other color...blue)
Do You Stack Up Challenge Blog #45 ~ Inspired by a Song (Joy to the World)
Just Us Girls #110 ~ Ghosting Technique
Stamp Insanity #SISC79 ~ Chill Out!
Top Tip Tuesday #59 ~ Anything Goes Christmas

Thanks for stopping by!  Carolers 




SUPPLIES
STAMPS:  OCL's Sing with Joy (enter "Check Us Out" to receive a 20% discount on your entire purchase with Memories of Time)
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; SU Not Quite Navy; Little Yellow Bicycle Snowflake Scratch, Snowy Window
INK:  Memento Tuxedo Black; SU Brocade Blue, Not Quite Navy, Night of Navy and Whisper White Pigment Ink
ACCESSORIES:  Copic markers; Spellbinders Grand Calibur, Nestabilities Labels One Small; painter's tape; heat tool; sponges; paper snips; SU Dimensionals; seam binding; Mini Mister (water); Creative Charms Vintage Marble Brads; Zots; EK Success border punch; Sakura Quickie Glue pen; Stamp-a-ma-jig; adhesive
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:  5" x 5"

11 comments:

Dana Gustafson said...

Wonderful cards! I love the amazing blues with the pop of white snowflake. WEll done and thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Billie A said...

Wow I saw your card on Top tip tues. had to see your hint. What an awesome card I love this idea and will for sure give it a try. LOL on the fingerprint .. OH how we cover things I have done things like that, think we have all have.

WencheP said...

Beautiful card, beautiful blue colors. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up and good luck.

-Wenche

Lisa Kind said...

So glad you tried the white ink...I love that look! And I don't use glossy cardstock for this technique either. I guess I should have mentioned that, but I didn't see that the tutorial uses it. Love the effect! And I laughed when I read about the fingerprint...hate when that happens! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

One of my very favorite projects this week most certainly!. Goodness gracious this is just gorgeous, of course we are always so glad when you join our little challenge at Top Tip Tuesday. Sure hope you join us again tomorrow!
Hugs
Tammy Louise

I have candy if you collect!

Mynn xx said...

Oh, wow! Those blue hues are simply divine! LOVE your images--fabulous card! :)

Lynn said...

Holy moly! You rocked our technique challenge! I love every last detail...even the bow :) You are not alone with those darn inky fingers! thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!

Kathryn B said...

Very cool card! I love the two carols shadowed in the background. You really did a fabulous job with this technique!

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

amazonmother said...

Awesome card- Love the new teq!

Elise said...

THIS is positively JUICY! What OUTSTANDING use of technique - you REALLY nailed it! THANKS, ever SO much, for sharing this DARLING piece with Just Us Girls!

Tina said...

beautiful thanks for joining us ats stampinsanity chill out challenge

Tina
groovygurl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...