Follow Along...

Sunday, August 14, 2011

A BEE-AUTIFUL DAY!

Hey there stampers, my hubby and I have been on the go so much this summer it seems like I've hardly had a chance to get crafty.  With summer coming to an end and hubby gearing up for Salmon season...I say bring it on!  I'll have tons of time to craft during fishing season!  Woot!

Broni (OCL DT) played along in last week's Our Craft Lounge challenge and posted a very creative beehive card and as I was perusing the web, I found another really cool beehive card/box project created by Frances.  I decided to combine their ideas and throw in a few of my own and this is what I ended up with.

Cute, huh?  I adore those little bees and the honeycomb on the hive...awesome!  (You will be able to see it a little better in the close-up pic.)  The beehive was made with strips of yellow card stock.  The same size Nestie was used on the top piece of the hive as on the door.  Black card stock was used as the base to hold it all together.
The bees were stamped six times...three were colored with Copic markers, cut out, Sparkly Fluffed, and glittered with Stickles.  The wings were the only part colored and Stickled on the other three.  Wire was cut, shaped, and colored before it was glued in between the two bees to make their new antennae.  I really like the extra dimension of the double wings.
You can see the honeycomb pattern in this pic.  I also lightly sponged the edges to give it a little extra interest.
Copic coloring:

Bees:  Y19, Y17, Y15, Y11, B0000  Flowers:  Y11, RV19, RV17, RV14, YR02, YR01, YR00, RV25, RV23, RV21  Outline and bee's antennae:  110

Thanks for stopping by!





SUPPLIES
STAMPS:  OCL Bees Knees, Just Bugz
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; Bazzill Raven Monochromatic, Lemon Bliss Smoothies, Festive Burlap, Lime Crush Smoothies
INK:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Cantaloupe
ACCESSORIES:  Copic markers; Spellbinders Grand Caliber, Nestabilities Big Scalloped Squares Small (inside), Petite Ovals Small; MFT Die-namics Fresh Cut Grass; OCL Eyeliner Black Sparkly Fluff, Lemon Drop Yellow Crafty Sparkles; Ranger Star Dust Stickles; sponge; Score-tape, Scor-Pal; paper snips; Sakura Quickie Glue Pen; ScrapPerfect Best Glue Ever; floral wire; wire snips; SU Dimensionals; Mini Glue Dots; Zots; black rhinestones from my stash; EK Success Punch; Creative Memories corner rounder punch; Sakura Clear Glaze pen; adhesive
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT: Card = A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2"); Box = 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" x 1"

7 comments:

RebeccaMA said...

Cute! Can't wait for the 27th to get crafty with my buds!

amazonmother said...

OOOOOh my Goodness!!!!!THis is ADORABLE!!!!!! I LOVE bees!!!!! Must have set!!!!!!!!!

Debbie Corbari said...

OMG my socks have just been completely knocked off! This is AMAZING Tammie! I have facebooked it...and now I'm adding it to pinterest! YOU ROCK!

Broni said...

Brilliant, genius, fabulous, downright awesome, Tammie!!!

lisa808 said...

Fab project! Oh so cute.

amazonmother said...

You have TOTALLY outdone yourself here! L O V E the bees!!!!!!!

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

Awww, how cute!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...