Follow Along...

Saturday, November 6, 2010

...AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!

Happy Saturday!  I thought I would work on a couple more Christmas cards this weekend.  This first one is one of my new sets from OCL called Ole St. Nick.  I actually thought it would take a little longer to color because of all the detail.  Uh, yeah, I was wrong!  Santa colored up quick...it took way longer to cut the mask for him and sponge the background!  I was going to say he's probably the best looking vintage Santa that I've seen...but he's not really vintage, is he?  He's more traditional.  He's definitely what I think of when I hear "Santa".  Wait until you see...there's a B-U-tiful Christmas tree in this set too (just like we used to have when I was a kid).  I can't wait to ink it up!  But there's not enough time in the day so that will have to wait...*sigh*...or will it?  I guess I should warn you now...I'm having a "white" weekend.  Yep, I'm going to make a couple more white themed Christmas Cards.  I really like how yesterday's card turned out so I'm going to shoot for a couple more.


Santa was stamped with Black Soot on Neenah and colored with Copic markers.  Surprisingly, there's quite a few gray tones in there.  Don't forget about those Ts!  If you haven't used your Toner Grays...do!  Color your image the way you want it and when you're happy with it, grab those Ts and go back over it where you would normally see shadows.  I know I keep saying it, but they add so much more depth!  I didn't forget about Santa's shadow either...can't have him floating mid-air, now can I?  I ripped a piece of sticky note for a mask so I could sponge the sky then stamped Santa on another sticky note and cut it out.  With both masks in place, I sponged Bordering Blue going from the outside all the way to Santa, Next to Navy about half the distance of the Bordering Blue then Night of Navy just around the outside edge then both masks were removed.  I haven't worked with Fun Flock very much but it's pretty cool...I flocked the snow all the way to the horizon and Santa's shadow came through the flock.  Very cool!  I finished my main image by dotting snow in the sky with a white gel pen.


The layers are all Neenah CS.  The bottom half was embossed with a Sizzix TP and the top was a Sizzix EF.  Then I did the double embossing technique again from yesterday...I'm seriously HOOKED!  If you missed yesterday's post, here is Tex's awesome video tutorial.  The snowflakes are from a Sizzix decorative strip then VersaMarked and embossed with a Heat & Stick Powder / Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder mix and topped off with some pearls from my stash.  The snowflakes were popped up on Dimensionals and/or Pop Dots to get different heights.  I did a little paper piercing, added a few brads in the bottom and the ribbon was from my stash.
 
Copic coloring:

Skin:  E02, E00  Beard/hair:  C2, C1  Suit:  R08, R05, R02,T4, T3, T2, C2, C1  Boots/belt:  N6, N4, N3, N1, Y19  Shadow:  C2, C1


This card includes the following challenges:

A Spoon Full of Sugar ~ Relish to Embellish
ABC Christmas Challenge ~ W for Winter Wonderland
Allsorts Challenge Blog ~ Twas the Night Before Christmas
Anything Goes Challenge Blog ~ Letter 'B' (blue and beautiful)
Cards for Men ~ Anything Goes (as long as it's male)
Craft Your Days Away ~ All White (with color on the image)
Craft Your Passion Challenges ~ Anything Goes
Crafty Purple Frog Challenge ~ Time for You to Sparkle
Creatalicious Challenge ~ All White (with a little color)
Creative Belli Blog ~ Flocking or Flower Soft
Critter Sketch Challenge Blog ~ Christmas...Anything Christmas
Ellephantastic Challenges ~ Blue
Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge ~ Sketch
Incy Wincy Design Challenge ~ Anything Goes
Little Red Wagon ~ Use the Color Red
Mark's Finest Paper ~ Piercing
One Stop Craft Challenge ~ Embossing
Pollycraft Monday Challenge ~ It's Chill Time
Simon Says Challenge ~ Are You All White?!!
The ABC Challenge ~ G is for Glitter
The Creative Cottage Challenge Blog ~ Embossing
The Stamp Man Challenge Blog ~ #9 Christmas Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday ~ Christmas Inspired

Thanks for stopping by!

Tam

SUPPLIES
STAMPS: OCL Ole St. Nick
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White
INK:  Black Soot Distress Ink; SU Bordering Blue, Next to Navy, Night of Navy
ACCESSORIES:  Copic markers; Big Shot; Nestabilities Classic Ovals Large, Big Scalloped Ovals Large; Sizzix Stripes Texture Plate, Decorative Strip Northern Frost; snowflake embossing folder (not sure of the name but it is also Sizzix); sticky notes; sponges; Cotton Ball White Fun Flock; 2-way glue pen; white gel pen; VersaMark; Heat & Stick Powder; Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder; heat tool; pearls and ribbon from my stash; Bazzill brads; Dimensionals; Pop Dots; SU Mat Pack and paper piercing tool

44 comments:

Bev Gerard said...

Such a beautiful contrast of color against white! Perfect for the season ahead!

~Bev

Vicki Dutcher said...

THIS IS FABULOUS! Just stunning~ Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Fleur said...

Gorgeous card, Santa looks perfect.
Thanks for joining my challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Becky said...

This is stunning! I just love the snowflakes and that beautifully colored Santa, thanks for the reminder of gray copics. Thank you for playing with Speedy's Friends.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous, I love yor colouring its fab!
Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week! Godd luck, hugs Shell xx

Patricia St Martin said...

Your card is stunning santa is wonderful. Thanks for playing with us at Cards for Men. Goof luck on the challenge.

tiggertastic said...

wow that colouring is amazing, i love the fake snow to, a lovely little extra touch to this make



good luck in the challenges.

Sarah-Louise xx
tiggertastic blog
(CPF - DT), (CCC - DT) & (BMD - DT)

Shelley said...

What a fabulous image, I love all the crisp white background. Thanks for joining in this weeks Incy Wincy Challenge.
Hugs Shelley xx

Anne said...

Fab card, great colouring and layout. Perfect!!
Thanks for playing along with Creative Cottage this week.
Good luck
Anne x

Dori Shelton said...

WOW!! This is just gorgeous. I love the blue and white together. Santa is amazing!

sammi said...

Gorgeous card! The Santa is awesome and I love the all white card! Thanks for playing in our "anything goes" challenge at Craft Your Passion, this week. We hope you will play with us, again, in our new challenge, starting tomorrow.

Tammy Miller said...

What a great card! I just love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Critter Sketch Challenge Blog for our Christmas challenge! Good Luck! We Hope to see you again for our next challenge! Thanks Again, Tammy

Joanne (jojot) said...

thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends this week...what a wonderful creation with all the layering and embossing...fabulous

Lorie said...

Oh, my goodness...this is lovely! Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch Challenges!

redwasher1 said...

Awesome Christmas card!! Your coloring is stunning!
Thanks joining us at Speedy's Friends

Avril Tanner said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with LRW!

Powerful Search Engine said...

Another beautiful card. Gorgeous embossing and colouring. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Purple Frog. Hugs Pascale

Cheryl said...

OMG WOW, your image is so vibrant and just pops on the white background!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
Hugs xx

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous card, beautiful details and adorable Santa.
luv
Debby

Lorraine A said...

oh my goodness ,, this is fantastic ,, your colouring and the way you created the background are fab ,, i love all the textures and detail on this :-)


thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp and ABC Christmas Challenges :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Vicky said...

Totally gorgeous card I adore the image it all looks amazing!!
Thankyou for joining us at Crafty Purple Frog this week, hope to see you again.

Hugs Vicky xx

Emma said...

Another wow...so beautiful!!
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft.
Hugs Emma x

Shelly said...

What a beautiful and unusual card... I love the embossing and the way you've put it all together is fabulous! Great colouring too! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage! Shelly x

Bec said...

Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges..

Emma and Susan said...

Such a beautiful card, I love all the textures you have used, and a gorgeous Father Christmas. Thanks for joining in the fun with us at Fussy and Fancy this time.
Love Susan
xxx

Natalie Z said...

WOW!!! Gorgeous Card !!! Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges..
Hugs Natalie xxx

Chelsea said...

WOW...great card. Love the embossing! Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy. Stop back and play again soon!

Unknown said...

Lovely. See u Back on The CSC Blog.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is one amazing card!!! I love everything about it and will surely add it to my CASE list! Thanks for joining us at the Belli challenge this week!

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Hi

Great card love the white background and the beautifully coloured image

Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

Emma xxx

Val said...

This is just gorgeous - the most fab Father Christmas I have seen. I did not realise you could stamp with distress ink and colour with Copics - will have to give it a go.

Thanks for joining One Stop Craft Chsllenge this week.
Hugs
Valxx

Amanda said...

This is such a beautiful card and your colouring is fantastic. Thank you so much for joining in with our All White challenge at Craft Your Days Away

Crafty Creations by AJ
Amanda

tt.scraps said...

Amazing!!!!! Great job!
I'm gonna learn a thing or two from you about coloring!!!!
Your newest follower,
Tammy

Helen Laurence said...

SANTA!! Lovely card. Very clean & simple. Beautifully coloured too. Thank you for playing along with Ellephantastic this week! x x

Annie said...

a gorgeous card with this jolly Santa! thank you for the tip about the toner greys - I don't have any of those shades so think I must get some! thank you for joining us on the ABC Christmas blog for the Winter Wonderland challenge.
hugs, annie x

Lisa said...

Great work!! Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man challenge this fortnight.

Anonymous said...

You have remarked very interesting details ! ps nice website .

Anonymous said...

Your site is really good and the posts are just wonderful. Thank you and keep doing your great work.

Anonymous said...

Usually I do not learn post on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to try and do so!

Anonymous said...


I wish to express some thanks to the writer for bailing me out of this type of difficulty.

Anonymous said...


Your writing style has been surprised me. Thank you, very great post.

Anonymous said...


Throughout this grand scheme of things you get an A with regard to hard work.

Anonymous said...


Your writing style has been surprised me. Thank you, very great post.

Anonymous said...


Wow, amazing weblog format! How lengthy have you been running a blog for? you make blogging glance easy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...