Follow Along...

Saturday, June 15, 2013

JUN13VSNK - EVENING SURF

Hey there, I'm behind in posting my project for the Dog Days of Summer Virtual Stamp Night (VSN) through Splitcoaststampers!  Ann's challenge, Bright Star, was to make a card with either a sunset or sunrise and include some kind of star somewhere on the front.  She also wants to know who the brightest star is in our life...well, that would be my hubby!  He's definitely a keeper!  *grin*

When I first read about Ann's challenge, I was a little freaked out thinking there's no way...but then I dug through my stamps and found The Big Kahuna from Whipper Snapper Designs.  He's the perfect little critter to have a sunset peeking from behind him.  I still needed to incorporate a star though...then I had a brainstorm!  I've had a little star sitting on my desk for about a month that I had scored and shaped and at the time, I thought it looked like a starfish.  I left it there thinking I would do something with it one of these days...today is the day!  The background was made with Bazzill card stock and the Swirls Cutting Plate from Taylored Expressions.  Talk about an easy, no fuss background!  



COPIC COLORING: 
MOUSE:  C4, C2, C0  EARS/NOSE/ARMS/FEET:  C0, R30, R00, R000  SHORTS:  YG25, YG23, YG21, YR15, YR12, YR00  SURFBOARD:  YG25, YG23, YG21, YR15, YR12, YR00, B26, B24, B21  STARFISH:  E30

Thanks for stopping by! 


SUPPLIES: 
STAMPS:  WSD The Big Kahuna
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; Bazzill (Raven Monochromatic, not sure of the name of the blue)
INK:  Copic markers; Memento (Tuxedo Black, Cantaloupe, Peanut Brittle, Potter's Clay, Lady Bug, Summer Sky, Bahama Blue, Paris Dusk, Desert Sand)
ACCESSORIES:  Spellbinders Grand Calibur; TE Taylored Dies (Tag Stacklets 1, Seeing Stars, Swirls Cutting Plate); Sizzix Big Shot; Scor-Pal; sponges; sticky notes for masks; 1" circle punch; Sakura (Clear Glaze pen, White Glaze pen); paper snips; X-Acto knife; Crop-O-Dile; reinforcement (colored with 110); organdy ribbon; Creative Impressions Black Twine; Zig 2-Way Glue pen; SU Dimensionals; adhesive
TECHNIQUE(S):  Masking; sponging; fussy cutting
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:  A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...