Follow Along...

Sunday, September 13, 2015

CAS342 - PEEK-A-BOO!

Hey there, my pumpkin for today's Splitcoaststampers CAS challenge comes in the form of a jack-o-lantern.  I love Halloween and I really love Whipper Snapper Designs Halloween images!  This little peek-a-boo kitty is stinking adorable!



*Confession time*  I've been a collector of stencils for a while now, but not so much of a user.  I decided today was the day to change that!  I used a checkerboard stencil from My Favorite Things and sponged some Pistachio ink onto it then removed the stencil and sponged more Pistachio ink.  I kind of like it!  I will definitely be playing with more stencils in the future!

The image was stamped with Tuxedo Black onto Neenah Solar White, colored with Copic markers, fussy cut then the pumpkin was glued down while the leaves and cat were popped up on foam for a little added dimension.  Die cut leaves were colored to tie into the image then shaped with a Susan's Garden tool kit.  The button looks a little dark, but in real life it perfectly matches the purple on the hat.


COPIC COLORING:
PUMPKIN:  YR18, YR15, YR12, YR00  HAT:  C6, C4, C2, C0, V17, V15, V12, Y15, Y11, Y00  CAT:  C6, C4, C2, C0, R30, R00, R000  CAT'S COLLAR:  V17, V15, V12  GRASS:  YG95, YG93,  YG91  LEAVES:  YG93, YR15, YR12, Y00

I'm entering this into the NBUS Challenge #5...MFT stencil and this image are both new.



Thanks for stopping by...head to the CAS forum to play along!


SUPPLIES:
STAMPS:  WSD Peek and Boo
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White
INK:  Copic markers; Memento (Tuxedo Black, Pistachio)
ACCESSORIES:  Sizzix Big Shot; MFT Die-Namics Stitched Rectangle Stax; IO Die030-S; MFT Small Checkerboard stencil; mini sponge tool; Susan's Garden Tool Kit; Sakura Clear Glaze pen; Creative Impressions Black Twine; button from my stash; SU Dimensionals; Zig 2-Way Glue pen; adhesive
TECHNIQUE(S):  Sponging, fussy cutting
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:  A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")

4 comments:

Milka Gubo said...

Eeeekkk!!!! ADORABLE card! Love the image and your coloring is stunning!!! :-D

Brenda in IN said...

I saw this on NBUS and it is darling. I love how you used the stencil, then added more ink. Great technique!

Kreativelena said...

Loving this card. It looks so great, and the coloring is amazing.

Darnell said...

The colors on your card are so vibrant, Tam! The whole card is just so much fun and the stenciling is perfection!! I'm a stencil buyer / virgin user, too, and hope to change that, so thank you for the inspiration I need. Thank you, too, for joining my blog and playing in my NBUS Challenge #5! (So long ago! I’m sorry that my nursing duties have delayed me in coming by to thank you before now.) Enjoy your day! I hope to see you again soon! Hugs, Darnell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...