Follow Along...

Sunday, July 12, 2015

YOU'RE IN MY THOUGHTS

Hey there, a family friend recently lost his wife, so I thought I would make him a card.  I also wanted to play along in SCS's CAS challenge, Mason Jar.  I search all over before finally remembering I had this Taylored Expressions stamp.  Sheesh...I desperately need to get my crappin' space cleaned up!


I did sort of a reverse, out-of-the box technique for the layout.  I'm not sure if I've ever seen anyone do it before...if they did, I don't have any idea what it's called.  Anyway,  I stamped the image on Neenah Solar White then colored it with Copic markers.  I used an X-Acto knife to cut around the top portion of the flowers then slid the Die-Namic behind them to cut the opening.   I could have gotten a similar effect by fussy cutting the image then popping it up, but I thought I would give this a try.  I kind of like it!  The sentiment was stamped on some plaid paper from my stash before popping the image panel on foam squares.  A clear glaze pen gives the jar a nice, subtle shine.

COPIC COLORING:
FLOWERS:  Y17, Y11, Y00, E57, E55, E53  LEAVES:  G24, G21, G20  MASON JAR:  BG70, BG0000  GROUND:  E57, E55, E53

Thanks for stopping by!


SUPPLIES:
STAMPS:  TE Sunflower Bouquet; MFT More Essential Sentiments
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; Little Yellow Bicycle Vintage Summer
INK:  Copic markers; Memento Tuxedo Black
ACCESSORIES:  Sizzix Big Shot; MFT Die-Namics (Blueprints 15, In & Out Stitched Rounded Square Stax ); X-Acto knife; glass cutting plate; Stamp-a-ma-jig; Sakura Clear Glaze pen; SU Dimensionals; adhesive
TECHNIQUE(S):  Reverse out-of-the box
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:   A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")

1 comment:

Richell said...

I loved this!!! I read your directions but I'm still confused on how you didn't cut your flowers off when you cut your window out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...