Follow Along...

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

FIREWORKS

Hi there stampers!  I had such a great time on my last 4th of July card I thought I would try another.  The other day when I was at the craft store, I noticed a lack of 4th of July products...so I figured I would have to improvise.  No problem!  As I was getting ready to call it good, I spotted a metal stencil that had a swirly pattern...looks like fireworks to me.  Whoop whoop!

Black cardstock was taped to the stencil and ran through a Big Shot.  With the paper still taped to the stencil, white craft ink was sponged on the "fireworks".  After it dried, red and blue ink was applied over the white.  Let Freedom Ring stamp set from Our Craft Lounge was used to stamp on Neenah.  I wanted the flag to appear to be part of the box of fireworks but I wanted it to be behind the main image, so it was masked then stamped.  I also wanted to go out of the box with a Nestie.  You can learn how to do the technique with this tutorial on Split Coast Stampers.  It's sooo cool!  I stamped a second box of fireworks, cut out and colored half of the flag, one rocket and the wooden crate then popped them up on the main image (you might be able to see them better on the close-up pic...or click on either pic for a better view).

To complete the card, a blue circle mat and star Nesties were cut and layered on the card.  The star was adhered directly to the card base and the blue circle mat and the main image were popped up.  The small stars were cut out of glitter paper using a border punch.  Guess that's about it.

Copic coloring:

Flag:  R29, R27, R24, E29, E27, E25, E23, E21  Fireworks:  R29, R27, R24, B29, B28, B26  Box:  E29, E27, E25, E23, E21  Grass:  YG95, YG93, YG91, YG17  Sky:  B00, B000, B0000

Thanks for stopping by!




SUPPLIES
STAMPS:  OCL's Let Freedom Ring
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; SU Real Red, Brilliant Blue, Basic Black; Best Creation Inc Glitter Cardstock Red and Blue
INK:  Memento Tuxedo Black; SU Real Red, Brilliant Blue, Craft White
ACCESSORIES:  Copic markers; Big Shot; Dreamweaver Stencil; removable tape; sponges; sticky note mask; Stamp-a-ma-jig; paper snips; Exacto knife; cutting mat; Spellbinders Grand Calibur, Nestabilities Standard Circles Small and Large, Stars Five; EK Success border punch; adhesive; Quickie Glue Pen; Foam Squares
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:  A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")

1 comment:

amazonmother said...

Super cute! I want to go home and stamp now. Seriously, I mean NOW! TFS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...