Follow Along...

Thursday, March 31, 2011

I'D PICK YOU

OMGosh...today is the last day of March.  Seriously, where did the time go???  I thought I would pop in this morning and share a card I made using two Our Craft Lounge sets:  Fabulous Florals and Say it With Flowers.  They coordinate perfectly with each other!  This is the first card that I've made in a long time that is strictly ink.  I kinda like it...but I do love to color!  I have some pretty cool ideas for upcoming projects floating around in my head...now to find the time to sit down and work them out.

There isn't a whole lot to say about this card.  Kind of an odd color choice, but I think it works.  Believe it or not, I actually got my color inspiration from a package of rhinestones.  My first attempt at layering all those flowers was done with embossing.  It didn't turn out the way I was imagining, so I turned my card stock over and this is how it ended up.  I used the Masking Technique and I like it much better this way.  Since it was such dark card stock, I opted to use white craft ink.  It's okay, but give me regular old ink any day of the week!

The green popped up flower was also stamped with Craft Ink.  It was cut out and a rhinestone was placed in the center to finish it off.  It really doesn't get much easier than this.

Thanks for stopping by!




SUPPLIES
STAMPS:  OCL's Fabulous Florals, Say it With Flowers
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; SU Cajun Craze, Certainly Celery, Early Espresso
INK:  SU Whisper White Craft Ink
ACCESSORIES:  Rhinestone; Foam Square
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:  A2 (4 1/4" X 5 1/2")

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the colors... What a great way to get inspiration =) The red really makes the flowers stand out ~ Pretty!!!

amazonmother said...

Super cute. I know what you mean about color inspiration. When I sewed a lot- my eye was geared to that. Now almost everything I look at is a potential card!!! LOL!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...