Follow Along...

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

TAYLORED EXPRESSIONS / SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES 3L BLOG HOP



Hey there, it's Day 2 of the Taylored Expressions/Scrapbook Adhesives 3L blog hop.  Whoop!  I love their products and I found a new one that I can't wait to tell you about!  It's their AMAZING Adhesive Sheets!  I wanted to try it out with one of the TE Cutting Plates and BOY, OH BOY, DID IT WORK GREAT!  Sorry, I'm yelling...I'M JUST SO EXCITED!  *grin*



Adhesive Sheets were adhered to a piece of card stock and the pattern paper then ran through the Big Shot with the Metal Adapter Shim (to ensure an all over cut).  The back was peeled off of the card stock die cut then adhered to another piece of card stock.  Once in place, it was a matter of lining up the pattern paper into the correct spots, removing the backing then putting them into place.  It was a little time consuming, I'm not going to lie, but the little stickers worked way better than a glue pen (which is what I would normally use)!  The background panel was popped up on the card base with 3D Foam Squares.  I didn't want the teal panel raised as much, so I used the Thin 3D Foam Squares and they gave it the perfect amount of space between the two.  Thanks, from the Shades of Thanks die, also has the Adhesive Sheets on the back to make it into a sticker.  So easy!  Four of the same flowers from Friendship Blooms Dies were cut, hole punched, crinkled then a brad was used to keep it together.  A Dodz was used to adhere it to the card.  I have to tell you, Scrapbook Adhesives products made this card a snap to put together!


SUPPLIES: 
STAMPS:  None
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; Bazzill Raven Monochromatic; older TE KI kit; white glitter paper
INK:  None
ACCESSORIES:  Sizzix Big Shot; TE Metal Adapter Shim; Spellbinders Grand Calibur; TE Taylored Dies (Chevron Cutting Plate; Friendship Blooms Dies; Mini Leaves; Shades of Thanks); Scrapbook Adhesives 3L (Thin 3D Foam Squares, 3D Foam Squares, Adhesive Sheets, Dodz); American Crafts Elements black medium brads; hole punch; Mini Glue Dots
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:  A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")


Thanks, so much, to Scrapbook Adhesives 3L for sharing their amazing products with us!  Have fun checking out the Baker's Dozen and Scrapbook Adhesives DT's projects!  I almost forgot...there's a GIVEAWAY...to enter to win a Scrapbook Adhesives & Taylored Expressions Prize Pack ($30 value), leave a comment on each hop designer blog.  One lucky winner will be chosen at random from all blog hop comments.  Deadline to enter:  Friday, July 19, 2013 at 11:59 pm PST.  Good luck!


Tammie Edgerton - that's me!
Taylored Expressions Blog - Taylor VanBruggen

Thanks for stopping by! 

26 comments:

Sue D said...

I like how you made this amazing card!

Angie K. said...

I may have to get that die! So versatile! Beautiful Card! Thank you for the chance to win!

Cynthia Xavier said...

The pretty paper behind the black chevron die is fabulous. I love the look. I can't wait to try the adhesive sheets.

terrygray4868 said...

What a great idea! Sure beats trying to put spots of glue in behind die cut outs. Thanks for sharing!

Donna Whitten said...

Such a bright and cheerful card, I love it!

Jean Bullock said...

Well done, Tammie! Love the bright colors and thanks for sharing how to use the adhesive sheets. I can't wait to try them.

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving how bold this card is! Great dies and love the flower!

Joan said...

Super neat card. And I can definitely see how the adhesive paper would make this a lot easier.

Michele Ruff said...

adorable card!

Amy Marshall said...

Love your card. I definitely will be shopping for some adhesive sheets and thin foam squares.

marylouh said...

Adhesives are getting better and better. The variety of sizes and shapes is wonderful. Makes life so much easier when layering.

Renee said...

I am so glad to hear about how to apply adhesive to the cutting plate designs....thanks!

GA said...

Love your card! Thank you for the tutorial!

Emily H said...

Wow! This is stunning and gorgeous!

Vicki said...

Great project! Thanks for the info. Can't wait to try it myself, especially if I win the goodie bag.

Monica said...

so bright and lovely

Shannon White said...

Oooh! Love this Miss Tammie!! Super way to use the adhesive sheets and Love your Awesome friendship blooms flower!! Just Fabulous Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

NanW said...

Stunning card - thanks for sharing the technique.

Isabel Z said...

Wow, what a fabulous creation!

Lucy said...

What an amazing card! I love the black die cut with the bright colors!

Natalie said...

thanks for sharing about the adhesive sheet! Pretty card!

Gina said...

Cute card. Thanks for the chance to win.

Mickie said...

So cute and I love the flower!

Janis said...

It does look like it was time-consuming, but I love the look!
<3 J

KellyCreates said...

Love the black contrast with the fun colours! Wonderful card!

paulettesprettypapercrafts said...

Gorgeous! All of the pieces well secured. Love that die cutting plate from TE and it's so bold in the black. Nothing worse than coming back to a card and having it in pieces because the adhesive didn't hold (Elmers tape runner).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...